Diversity Sligo welcome children’s, families’ and individuals’ views of the service. We understand that from time to time families and individuals will have a concern or feedback about the service and we are dedicated to giving careful attention and a courteous timely response to all suggestions, comments or complaints.
- All comments are welcome and can be shared with any member of the team
- A comment can be made verbally to a team member and in the event of an unsatisfactory result the comment should be made in writing to the chairperson or to the nominated person
- The chairperson or the nominated person will make a note of these in the Comments Book, along with any action taken.
- The complaints procedure should be availed of if a satisfactory response is not received within a reasonable time. We undertake to give you a response within 15 working days.
- If you wish to make a complaint you should contact the chairperson or the nominated person to discuss and, hopefully, resolve the matter.
- Should you still feel that the matter is unresolved then the complaint must be put in writing to the chairperson or the nominated person
- A written acknowledgement of the complaint will be sent as soon as possible within 15 working days.
- If the complaint is related to the behaviour of a member of staff, the staff member must be informed that a formal complaint has been made and be given the full details and the right to reply.
- Parents/guardians/carers must be made aware that staff are informed of complaints made relating to their behaviour so that the procedure can be implemented.
- If required a request may be made in writing to the chairperson or the management committee to have the complaint heard by a wider group. This group could comprise of two members of the committee plus an external mediator.
- Membership of this panel should not comprise of any person directly involved in the complaint or related to the complainant, or staff member.
- The person making the request should be advised that, they are free to bring another person with them to a meeting to hear the complaint, to act as a scribe/record minutes.
- Following the request, the complainant must be facilitated with a meeting within one month. An agreed written record of the meeting will be kept by the external mediator and, where appropriate, a formal letter of the outcome will be issued, within 15 working days following the meeting.
- In instances where the complaint involves the welfare of a child/children, the information should be made known to the relevant local Duty Social Worker in the Health Service Executive and to the committee, through the chairperson
- If the complaint involves a Child Protection issue, the procedure as outlined in the Child Protection Policy will be immediately implemented.
This policy was adopted by Diversity Sligo
on Date: 16 August 2017
Signed by: __________________________________
On behalf of Management
This policy will be reviewed on 15 August 2018 in collaboration with staff, parents and Globe House residents representatives.