Applying for Social Welfare
- Fill in an application form which you can collect from INTREO at Government Buildings, Cranmore Road.
- You will be assigned to a Case Worker who will help you plan your career.
- If you need help filling in the form, contact Diversity Sligo
- You can apply for Job Seeker’s Allowance or Lone Parent Allowance.
- You may NOT study if you are on Job Seeker’s Allowance. However, when you have been on JSA for nine months, you may apply for Back to Education Allowance and study.
- You do not have to apply for Social Welfare if you have a job
- It usually takes three weeks to receive the first payment.
- If you are still in Globe House when you receive Social Welfare, you will receive a reduced rate of € 22 per week per adult